Academic Calendar 2016/2017
The Academic Calendar is the official source of academic information on undergraduate and graduate programs offered at Nipissing University as approved by the Senate of Nipissing University.
Students wishing to view previous Academic Calendars can do so through the Calendar Archives link on the left hand side.
Undergraduate and Professional Programs of Study
- Child and Family Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- English Studies
- Environmental Biology and Technology
- Environmental Science
- Fine Arts
- Gender Equality and Social Justice
- Geography, Environment and Physical
- Geography, Environmental
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Science
- Media, Culture, and Communications
- Native Studies
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Religions and Cultures
- Science and Technology
- Social Welfare and Social Development
- Social Work
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Studies/Sciences
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Kinesiology
- PhD in Educational Sustainability
- Certificate in Aboriginal Leadership
- Certificate in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-Lifespan
- Certificate of Bilingualism
- Certificate in Early Intensive Behaviour Intervention (EIBI)-Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Certificate in Digital Humanities
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Entrepreneurial Finance Certificate
- Certificate in Financial Services
- Certificate in Forest Resource Management and Conservation
- Financial Product Sales Professional Certificate
- Certificate in Game Design and Development
- Certificate in Geomatics
- Certificate in Health Studies and Gerontology
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- iLEAD Business Experience Certificate
- Certificate in Peace and Violence Prevention Studies
- Certificate in Program Evaluation and Applied Research (PEAR)
- Certificate in Neuroscience
This Calendar seeks to give students information about the opportunities offered at Nipissing University. While the university makes every reasonable effort to ensure the content of this Calendar is accurate, the University reserves the right to make changes or deletions without notice to students or prospective students, to any of the information contained in this calendar. The University is not liable to anyone that may suffer any loss or damages of any type arising from such changes.
It is the student’s responsibility to make herself or himself aware of the contents of the Calendar. It is understood that students, by the act of registering, agree to abide by all the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the University and of the faculty in which they are registered. Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the general information outlined in this Calendar as well as the information pertaining to the faculty in which they are enrolled.
Degree requirements that are in any way modified by Senate in one academic calendar year will normally apply to students admitted the following academic calendar year unless otherwise specified by Senate. Students currently enrolled may choose to graduate under either the new regulations or the previous regulations. However, they must choose one or the other set of regulations in its entirety.
If you require this publication in another format please contact (705) 474-3450, ext. 4517 (Student Recruitment, Secretary)
Nipissing University will provide an exceptional and personalized student experience within a collegial and diverse learning community. We will focus on excellence, innovation, and creativity in scholarship and teaching. Graduates will embrace lifelong learning and will make a difference locally, nationally, and internationally.
Nipissing University will provide an exceptional and personalized student experience by:
- Exemplifying the highest standards in scholarship, teaching, and research;
- Encouraging students, faculty and staff to realize their full intellectual and personal potential to the benefit of our local, national, and international communities;
- Recognizing our particular role in supporting northern communities, and Aboriginal, first generation, and international learners.
Nipissing University students, faculty, and staff exemplify a values-based culture in their pursuit of excellence. As reflected in our Coat of Arms, we believe that Integritas, defined as principled, honest, and sincere, is a motto upon which all else is built.
We are committed to collegiality, respect, and transparency in working together and with our community partners.
We embrace academic freedom.