Academic Calendar 2021/2022
The Academic Calendar is the official source of academic information on undergraduate and graduate programs offered at Nipissing University as approved by the Senate of Nipissing University.
Students wishing to view previous Academic Calendars can do so through the Calendar Archives link on the left hand side.
Undergraduate and Professional Programs and Courses
- Child and Family Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- English Studies
- Environmental Biology and Technology
- Environmental Science
- Fine Arts
- Gender Equality and Social Justice
- Geography, Environment and Physical
- Geography, Environmental
- Human Rights
- Indigenous Studies
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Science
- Media, Culture, and Communications
- Media, Representation and Social Justice
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Religions and Cultures
- Social Welfare and Social Development
- Social Work
- Study of State Violence (War, Atrocity, and Genocide)
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Education
- Master of Environmental Studies/Sciences
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Kinesiology
- PhD in Educational Sustainability
Certificates (must be completed with a degree program):
- Certificate in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-Lifespan
- Certificate in Archaeological Monitoring
- Certificate of Bilingualism
- Certificate in Digital Classics
- Certificate in Digital Humanities
- Certificate in Early Intensive Behaviour Intervention (EIBI)-Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Certificate in Forest Resource Management and Conservation
- Certificate in Game Design and Development
- Certificate in Geomatics
- Certificate in Health Studies and Gerontology
- iLEAD Business Experience Certificate
- Certificate in Neuroscience
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- Certificate in Program Evaluation and Applied Research (PEAR)
- Certificate in the Study of State Violence (War, Atrocity, and Genocide)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in General Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Finance
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in International Business
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Marketing
This Calendar seeks to give students information about the opportunities offered at Nipissing University. While the university makes every reasonable effort to ensure the content of this Calendar is accurate, the University reserves the right to make changes or deletions without notice to students or prospective students, to any of the information contained in this calendar. The University is not liable to anyone that may suffer any loss or damages of any type arising from such changes.
It is the student’s responsibility to make herself or himself aware of the contents of the Calendar. It is understood that students, by the act of registering, agree to abide by all the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the University and of the faculty in which they are registered. Students are expected to familiarize themselves with the general information outlined in this Calendar as well as the information pertaining to the faculty in which they are enrolled.
Degree requirements that are in any way modified by Senate in one academic calendar year will normally apply to students admitted the following academic calendar year unless otherwise specified by Senate. Students currently enrolled may choose to graduate under either the new regulations or the previous regulations. However, they must choose one or the other set of regulations in its entirety.
If you require this publication in another format please contact (705) 474-3450, ext. 4517 (Student Recruitment, Secretary)
Please contact the Calendar Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to report any errors or omissions.
Nipissing University will provide an exceptional and personalized student experience within a collegial and diverse learning community. We will focus on excellence, innovation, and creativity in scholarship and teaching. Graduates will embrace lifelong learning and will make a difference locally, nationally, and internationally.
Nipissing University will provide an exceptional and personalized student experience by:
- Exemplifying the highest standards in scholarship, teaching, and research;
- Encouraging students, faculty and staff to realize their full intellectual and personal potential to the benefit of our local, national, and international communities;
- Recognizing our particular role in supporting northern communities, and Aboriginal, first generation, and international learners.
Nipissing University students, faculty, and staff exemplify a values-based culture in their pursuit of excellence. As reflected in our Coat of Arms, we believe that Integritas, defined as principled, honest, and sincere, is a motto upon which all else is built.
We are committed to collegiality, respect, and transparency in working together and with our community partners.
We embrace academic freedom.